market-farming - [Market-farming] low income programs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom Jasperson" <frshstrt AT baldwin-telecom.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: frshstrt AT baldwin-telecom.net
  • Subject: [Market-farming] low income programs
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 15:16:42 -0500

Hi!  The market I was going to has a WIC and a Senior program with vouchers.  Great program and most markets in Wis have this available.  I was all set up but right now we are -6-8" of rain  short, most crops are dying what promised to be a great corn and soybean crop is in serious trouble.  My garden was a TOTAL loss.  First herbicide carryover from a neighbor and then the drought.  I'm plowing it all under.  I'm trying to keep newly planted fruit trees and new seedling daylilies alive but no rain is forcasted for awhile.  I really like  rain better than none.  Lu   Fresh Start Garden

  • [Market-farming] low income programs, Tom Jasperson, 09/02/2003