market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Pinching questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Pinching questions
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 07:58:29 -0500

We haven't been pinching lisi. After the first cut, it sends up a LOT of
secondary stems. But, I am thinking about pinching a portion of them next
year - to spread out the first bloom. This year we had about 3 heavy weeks,
then some really thin weeks until the secondary bloom got started. We
didn't pinch stock, but plan to try pinching a few next spring - just to
see. Both of these cuts are being grown in high tunnels. The stock is long
gone, but the lisi is going strong, and we expect to have them as cuts for
several weeks yet.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm
http://aunaturelfarm.homestead.com