market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Potato Help Please

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: IdleThymeFarm AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Potato Help Please
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 14:11:22 EDT

>Are the bugs you describe the younglings of the potato beetle?  They sound like it - have you seen them before?<

I have never seen them before. They could be young Colorado Potato Beetles but they seem completely different. From, body structure to markings I cannot see a single resemblance. And that black sticky tar...the bottom of the jar where I have kept some is completely covered with it.

I did find about 4 CO Potato Potatoe Beetles while I was picking the mystery pest but I have over 200 Rose Finn plants so I don't think that the CO Potato Beetle is at a problem stage anymore. Also, I found none of the mystery pest on the same plants as the Potato Beetles

Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm

www.IdleThymeFarm.com

If you would have a lovely garden, you should live a lovely life! ~ Shaker saying