market-farming - [Market-farming] What does it take to be a "good" and successful Farmers Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jasperm1 <jasperm AT iquest.net>
  • To: "Market gargen list" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] What does it take to be a "good" and successful Farmers Market
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:49:00 -0500

I am sure there is some specific group for those wanting to start a
farmers/neighborhood market but I thought I would ask this group from
their perspective and maybe they know the links I should check out.

I am giving some serious thoughts to trying to use some extra space a
Client of mine has on the near east side of Indianapolis and make a run
at creating a market in an older neighborhood. This is a naive
undertaking but just because I am dumb doesn't mean it could not be done.

I would like some feedback on what seems to be the "best practices" for a
farmers market and any perspective on how small one can start with and
what is needed by the vendors to succeed would be appreciated.

Mike Jasper