market-farming - [Market-farming] Edemame

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Pat Rupiper" <arupiper AT bright.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Edemame
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 05:38:25 -0400

I sell it just wacked off and bundled at my market. I try to put enough stalks together that they equal a half a pound, put a rubberband around the group, and attach an information label (to the rubberband) that I print off the computer telling them how to cook. I can fit 8 on a piece of card stock.
I've been trying to remember what I charged last year. $2.00 I think. We are a smaller community and it is a new product for them.
Remember to net this stuff as the wildlife will go over and around everything to eat it to the ground!
Good luck. Pat