market-farming - [Market-farming] Trading discounts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Trading discounts
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:39:38 -0700 (PDT)

We do a lot of trade at our market, have for years. Everyone has their
prices established and we trade $ for $ straight up. It's fair. Most of
our stuff is already priced below survival...who can discount?
There are 2 marketeers with us that demonstrate discounts....
#1 is there early with spectacular produce, she's always been there, on
time, beautifully set up...early. Over the years, she's trained her
followers to be there early to get the best choices. Her folk are
dedicated and loyal and she's always sold out early in the day. Her
policy...no discounts....trade at fair market price.
#2 is usually late...never consistant. He sets his prices impossibly high
at the beginning of the day and bargains his way down the day. He has
trained his folk to wait until the end of the market so they can catch the
best bargains. He ends up selling below cost.

  • [Market-farming] Trading discounts, sora, 07/14/2003