market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: G brakes--the real scoop

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Paul Bucciaglia <pbucciaglia AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: G brakes--the real scoop
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:33:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I replaced the pads on my  G's brakes a few years ago, as someone mentioned an Agco Allis dealer will have the parts.  In my parts book, the pad is called 'Lining, shoe' but it has no parts number.  you will need to take off the wheel and axle, remove the shoe springs, pull the shoes, remove the rivets, get new linings.  I had a mechanic remove the rivets and mount the linings.

My brakes were non functional because the axle oil seal was leaking.  This causes hytran fluid to get on your pads.  If this is the case with your tractor you will need to replace the axle seals at the same time, or else the new pads will get greased and your brakes will go again.

Hope this helps.

Paul
Fort Hill Farm
New Milford, CT

Do you Yahoo!?

  • [Market-farming] Re: G brakes--the real scoop, Paul Bucciaglia, 07/08/2003