market-farming - [Market-farming] Corn Tasseling

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Liannan88 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Corn Tasseling
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 12:27:14 EDT

I am in the Texas area & ALL of my corn tasseled early this year.  It didn't seem to affect the crop at all, though.  I've already had several bumper crops of sweet corn, & the ears were full & large, even though the plants didn't get as tall as they should have.  Further, all of my open-pollinated corn is going to be ready as much as a month earlier than planned & the ears are already large & full, making it a little difficult to plan these thing in the first place!  On the other hand, I'm not terribly experienced yet, so maybe this is perfectly natural in our climate.  The only thing that has been unusual here this year is the spring drought.  We got almost no rain at all during March, April & early May.  Temps have been slightly below normal.

-Maridian Carlton
Clementine's Agro Products
Bridgeport, TX

  • [Market-farming] Corn Tasseling, Liannan88, 07/06/2003