market-farming - [Market-farming] choke cherry jelly

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: OdieAnn AT webtv.net (Laurie)
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] choke cherry jelly
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:19:33 -0500 (CDT)

For choke cherry jelly, I use the insert on the box of pectin for "sour
cherries." I also add 1/3 cup of lemon juice. With choke cherries, you
never know if you will get jelly or syrup! Sometimes, during the
holidays when I am making jelly for gifts, I will use a box and a half
of pectin, it usually always jells, but once in a while, I still get
syrup. The syrup I use on ice cream or pancakes/waffles/French toast.
Laurie

  • [Market-farming] choke cherry jelly, Laurie, 06/27/2003