market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: csa revisited

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Steve Diver <steved AT ncat.org>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: csa revisited
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:45:32 -0500

Janet Bachman at ATTRA put together this publication
that gets into planning & scheduling for havest.

Scheduling Vegetable Plantings for Continuous Harvest
ATTRA
http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/continuousharvest.html
http://www.attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/PDF/continuousharvest.pdf

But you have to get the print version, available by
request only, sent by postal mail.... because it has
the enclosures with tables and spreadsheets and
planning-for-CSA examples.

Do not reply to me with a request. Just use your fingers
to dial the number to ATTRA and "talk". 800-346-9140.

There are two record keeping systems for market
gardeners worth knowing about. They have a lot of
helpful scheduling-for-harvest data in the spreadsheets.

See:
11.2 Economics of Organic Vegetable Production: Record Keeping
Resource Guide to Organic & Sustainable VegetableProduction
ATTRA
http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/PDF/vegetable-guide.pdf

1.
Market Farm Forms: Spreadsheet Templates for Planning
and Organization Information on Diversified Farms
available from...
Full Circle Farm | Auburn, CA | Marcie Rosenzweig

2.
Crop Planning & Record Keeping Spreadsheets
for Diversified Vegetable Farms
available from...
Brookfield Farm | Amherst, MA | Dan Kaplan |

This morning I visited the garden at 1:30 a.m. with a flashlight.
It was interesting to see moisture beads covering every single
leaf, and flea beetles absent from the eggplant.

Regards,

Steve Diver
NCAT / ATTRA

"Would like to know how a farmer comes up with the number of
"shares" to sell and how much of the product is given to each "share".
I checked out the CSA web site and I understand how the price
is figured per share, per season. I could'nt find anything on how
to gage portions or number of shares."
Janet

  • [Market-farming] Re: csa revisited, Steve Diver, 06/19/2003