market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] apple trees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mike Bosko" <mjbosko AT jmtsystems.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] apple trees
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:08:27 -0700

If that tiny black worm looks like a small (1/4”) sized slug, and your leaves are left looking like skeletons -- do a google search for Pear Slug.  Tho its not a slug at all, I have been able to keep mine in check by using wood ashes blown onto the foliage.  They definitely aren’t gone completely, but definitely reduced.

Around here, they appear in the Fall though, so maybe this isn’t want you are talking about?

JMT SYSTEMS CONSULTING

http://www.jmtsystems.com

info AT jmtsystems.com / 509 968-9015