market-farming - [Market-farming] honey in shares

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] honey in shares
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 18:26:32 -0400

since I keep a couple dozen hives I put honey in the shares, but not until late summer. Right now the nectar flow is on, so no honey yet for this year. When I do have the honey in the share I tell people to bring their own bottle (depending on the bounty of the season either a pint or a quart). After that they have to buy extra. I don't think even the larger beekeepers around here have extra honey for sale this time of year. But it would be different in different parts of the country. Especially if you have that neighbor with half a dozen hives who has no market. I'm sure he would sell you that 200 pounds he has sitting in his basement.

--