market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fusarium

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fusarium
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 18:32:20 -0400

Ralph, All the mulch in the world will not stop fusarium, its soil borne.
There are four things you can do to stop it, one is to fumigate the soil which
is the most common treatment, second though limited is to apply Rootshield a
natural fungi that displaces fusarium on the roots, third is to use resistant
varietys like Athena melons, the forth is a 5 year rotation.. Some say a crop
of rape generates a natural fumigant...
Next time before buying ground fabric check you local greenhouse supplier you
might get a better deal...Bob.