market-farming - [Market-farming] Dipel

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "adriana" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Dipel
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 13:43:43 -0500

Most caterpillars respond to Dipel, start with the lowest recommended
strength (by law it should be on the label - check to see if it is the kind
that peels off and opens into a booklet) and see if you get good results.
Be sure to spray at least 3 times, 3 days apart, over the course of a week
to get all parts of the life cycle. One caterpillar that does not respond
to Dipel is the beet army worm. They are small green caterpillars. For
those you need Botanigard. I don't believe Neem is effective for
caterpillars, but I have gotten a fairly good reduction in my whitefly
population with repeated sprayings of Neem. Since it is an oil do not use
it when the temperatures are over 85 degrees or you will damage the
foiliage.
> > Does anyone on list use Dipel to control caterpillars. If so what
> strengths
> > do you find effective.
> > I also have a neem product any experienced users of Neem sprays.

Adriana