market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Cloddy soil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "askpv" <askpv AT ozemail.com.au>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Cloddy soil
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 19:38:55 +1000

in Permaculture the total yield of a site is considered as well as the
reduction in losses (of good soil in the wind during those droughts, or
during flooding rains)
the total yield of a site increases when there is greater diversity of
production.
although the individual yield of some species may be lower.
if the living mulch you incorporate is in itself a product, such as sweet
potato,
then you have two products and soil conditioning and erosion control.
the sweet potato is extremely easy to grow in a wide range of climates and
does not need mowing,
the leaves are eaten as a vegetable in Asian cooking and the tubers common
in many cultures.

April
Permaculture Visions International.

*
Portal http://www.ozemail.com/~askpv/linx.htm
*
Students and graduates in over 20 countries
(Africa, Argentina, Australia - every state, Brazil, Canada-BC,ON,
France,
Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Jerusalem, Japan, NZ, Malaysia, Mexico,
Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of South Africa, Portugal, Spain,
Thailand, Tonga, UK,
USA. -Alaska, CA, FL, KS, IA, IL, IN, TN, MT, NM, OR, PA, SD, TX,VT,
WA,WI,)
*
Exclusive Student and Graduate Mailing list
*
Commercial and Private Permaculture System Design
*
ISO 14000
< http://www.ozemail.com.au/~askpv/>
< mailto:askpv AT ozemail.com.au>