market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Free Range Chickens in the Garden

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jim Woodyard <mwjw AT swbell.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Free Range Chickens in the Garden
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:30:49 -0500

I was going to stay away from this thread to avoid being branded a kook.
However, amen to the comments of Liz, Leigh, Lucy and Jill. Those so
concerned should be wary of eating in restaurents and fast food places. If it
were not for the law suit happy crowd and a few other practices that have been
forced on us over the past 50 years or so we might not be having some of the
problems that we have. As for the chickens in the garden it doesn't work per
se because as has been said the chickens eat and scratch out the garden. My
pastured hens were pretty hard on the native vetch in the pasture this spring.
JimW.