market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Free Range Chickens in the Garden

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Free Range Chickens in the Garden
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 06:38:37 -0500

Boy, I second your thoughts, Leigh. The whole point for me in gardening is
to work with the aliveness of everything, and in fact, to enhance it where I
can. Instead of cutting trees down, I want to leave natural areas
everywhere to attract beings to my garden that will ensure it is a part of
the cycle of nature.

In contrast, I just read an article this morning about how people should
soak their produce in chlorinated water for 3 to 5 minutes to be sure and
kill all the germs. It warned about possible discoloration. _Please!!!_

Poop is part of life. I too am careful not to put live poop on my gardens,
but there is no way to keep all living creatures out of my gardens so they
don't poop. Nor is it a good idea.

Jill