market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Chilli Man

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marc Winterburn" <marcw AT iinet.net.au>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Chilli Man
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:51:49 +0800

Hi Liz, I've met him on another list, the Chileheads list.
I have joined 3 lists, This one, The Chileheads and The Gardeners. I have
made some good friends on the other 2 and no doubt will on this one, its a
great way to meet people and gain knowledge.
I travelled throughout the USA in Dec 2000 and hope to again soon. This time
I will take my wife Paula. She hosted and remains good friends with an
exchange student from NY State so would love to visit her as she came over
and visited us last year. We also have people in Indiana, Florida, San
Diego, San Francisco, New Orleans and San Antonio to visit. I really want to
visit chile growers in the south and see firsthand how its done over there.
I also would like to see some chile smoking enterprises. We intended to late
last year or early this year but the bushfires put paid to that.
I have one business name as The Oz Chilli Man and another as M&P Organic
Produce.
I finished my pump set-up today a real work of art with filters and pressure
gauges and taps and outlets galore.
We draw our water from a borehole 100+' deep. It is a lovely shade of Coca
Cola but as long as it is not put on the leaves in mid summer it actually
makes things grow. The colour comes from tannins . We are on an old Tea Tree
swamp ( from thousands of years ago), hence the tannins.
Kind Regards
Marc Winterburn