market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Sprinklers & Deer

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: PATRICIASHERBS AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Sprinklers & Deer
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 12:24:03 EST

I'm in a populated valley, so we haven't had the deer problem.  I do have a customer with a substantial yard & garden, that is on the mountain (loaded with deer) above us.  She really likes the motion detection sprinklers for the deer.  The only 2 negatives she stated- the cost for all the units needed, and her dog has figured them out.  He loves to play with the sprinklers, making her watering costs so much higher.  They are far more entertaining to him than chasing the deer.

Patricia
theherbgarden.biz

Has anyone tried those sprinklers with motion sensors that activate the
sprinkler briefly when anything comes in range? I'm wondering if they were
not mentioned because no one has tried them or because they were tried and
didn't deter the deer.

Larry Haftl

  • [Market-farming] Re: Sprinklers & Deer, PATRICIASHERBS, 04/03/2003