market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] pastured chickens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: <bob AT akasha.net>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] pastured chickens
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:07:47 -0600

Bob, we posted the rules for roosting on the wall near the bucket. LOL!
Actually, it was a fluke that we do that. I was cleaning the nests one
day - I use a trowel thing made for taping wallboard - it's a v-shaped
thing that gets into the corners of the nests, and had unexpected
company and forgot about the bucket setting in the chicken house. I got
busy and just left the bucket and the next thing I knew, it was full.
So I leave a couple in there all the time.

Dear Marie,
How do you get the chickens to turn the expelling end toward the inside
of
the bucket?
Bob C