market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] pastured chickens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] pastured chickens
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:38:07 -0600

We have used hog huts in the past, but the chickens prefer something
where there can be roosts. Used hog huts seem to be all over the place.
One thing we're doing now, is putting 5 gallon buckets in the chicken
house. The hens roost on them and fill them up for us. It doesn't
eliminate cleaning out the house, but helps cut out some of the work.

Marie in Missouri

Any other ideas on cheap, durible, portable poultry housing?