market-farming - [Market-farming] garden

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <bob AT akasha.net>
  • To: "Market-Farming (E-mail)" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] garden
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:04:50 -0600

Late last week I got tired of waiting for the ground to dry enough. I could
not pull the two bottom disk plow so I abandoned it and went to an old
middle buster lister I had bought to dig potatoes with. That worked ok and
the ground got pulled up enough to dry out. Today went over the garden with
the International disk harrow and leveled the big clods out. The ground
dried amazingly well for just a few days. Next roto tilled to make the seed
beds on about 1/8 th of the garden before it got to dark. In the dusk put a
row of potatoes and a row of onion sets. Tornado warnings are out but I hope
no rain comes so I can finish planting the back garden tomorrow. Seems like
I need to hurry and get everything planted. My trusty side kick will help me
plant in the morning. I sure have enjoyed the posts getting back to the
farming information. Great ideas and every one has something that is unique
to share. I find all the stuff interesting even the discussions on plants I
have no real interest in. Because of the list I am trying black berries on
the outside fence and a few blueberry plants. I hope they survive and there
is enough acid down for them. The arugala grew all winter long and only
bolted two weeks ago I miss the fresh leaves already so am ready for the new
crop. Bought allot of seeds this year from www.growitalian.com . They send a
lot of seed for the money and are very concerned about the orders. We had a
couple on back order and they called to give a status report on them, a real
pleasant shock.
Bob C.

  • [Market-farming] garden, bob, 03/17/2003