market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Rotenone and flea beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jeanne Driese <jeanne AT xtn.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Rotenone and flea beetles
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:17:55 -0500

Hi,
Richard McDonald is an awesome man! He has put on several workshops for Rural Resources
here in East TN and really knows his bugs! You won't go wrong using his suggestions.

Wiediger, Alison wrote:

You might want to try beneficial nematodes. I have heard several people
speak about their effectiveness. They can be sprayed on moist soil in the
evening, or delivered with the irrigation water. Dr. Richard McDonald -
http://www.drmcbug.com/ - has used them to protect salad greens from flea
beetles in heavily infested areas. It might well be worth the effort for
you.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm

-- Jeanne in NE Tennessee
In my next life I'm going to have more memory installed!
mailto:jeanne AT xtn.net