market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Onion primer-- Starting/feeding cell starts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Onion primer-- Starting/feeding cell starts
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:30:36 -0600

Regards to the list:

Emily, thanks for your informative post. I find it difficult to handle
onion seeds because they're so small. How do you get exactly three
seeds into the cell? What do you cover them lightly with? Do you know
a variety that would keep well over the winter - perhaps a nice
all-purpose yellow onion?

Thanks.

Marie in Missouri

I put 3 onion seeds in a cell, we used 72's- covered lightly and
watered.

  • RE: [Market-farming] Onion primer-- Starting/feeding cell starts, Marie Kamphefner, 02/27/2003