market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Stupid Chard Question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Stupid Chard Question
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:44:48 -0600

Beets and Swiss chard produce perfect flowers. Pollen is light and can be
carried for miles by the wind.

Courtesy of the seedsaving institute. Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm

From: "Dave Lilligren" <dave AT lilligren.com>
To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:09:47 -0600
Subject: [Market-farming] Shipping Meat

Does anyone on this list send meat through the mail? We are considering
getting a retail food handler's license and getting some beef processed at a
USDA facility. We'd like to try to do some Internet sales, which would
involve shipping orders through either the postal system or some private
carrier (like UPS or FedEx).

What type of containers should be used, and is some type of refrigerant
necessary? Is dry ice an option?

TIA,

Dave Lilligren
Sandstone, MN