market-farming - [Market-farming] Seed Starting Media

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Rosholdt <rosholdt AT erols.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Seed Starting Media
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 20:44:57 -0500

This year I am going back to soil blocks. I was happy with them, and am
really tired of all the pricking out when starting seeds on media. The
only thing with soil blocks is keeping an eye on the moisture content.
As a "pro-am" I agree with Eliot Coleman about the soil blocks. The
down side is that you have to mix your own blocking mix.(easily
available info on web or in Eliot's "The New... Grower" book.