market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: WELL

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marienne Kreitlow <marienne AT marienne.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: WELL
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:26:17 -0600

Dave from Sandstone, MN, wrote:

>Tonight, it is supposed to go down to between 20 and 25 below zero (air
temperature). Unfortunately, we are in a snow drought (hardly any on the
ground), so the frost line will just go deeper. The high of 20 forecasted
for Wednesday sure sounds balmy to me right now!

I add:

Same forecast here. I actually had my glove freeze to the pump handle today
(same 2-below temp with -17 wind chill). We have more snow on the ground,
though, for which I am grateful.

Jerry Ford
Hei-Low Farm
Howard Lake, MN