market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] NYT Article: Weakening of Organic Standards

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "sals" <sals AT rain.org>
  • To: "'jay gee'" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] NYT Article: Weakening of Organic Standards
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 02:44:40 -0800

This just show me that USDA organic is not going to be real organic. It
is now left to hard money soft money backdoor money and political whims
and not what is really organic. The USDA has taking the word organic
and that’s that. We knew this was going to happen. They have taking a
grass roots dream and turned it into a bureaucratic nightmare
with high fees forced inspections and the word organic is now a
political football. Where is the organic Gestapo that suck away the
organic farmers hard earned money when u need them. They sold out for
grants, high fees and a place at the USDA organic table. They gave away
what power they had to represent the people and the organic farmers for
a slice of the pie. Its all about the money. How can meat be organic if
the livestock doesn't eat organic feed? That’s nuts