market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Green beans

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: michaele blakely <mjb AT premier1.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Green beans
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:12:59 -0800

Provider and Maxibel are my favorite green bean. Maxibel produces a nice haricot vert here in the Puget Sound. Both are bush beans. For a pole I like Northeaster, but it's become too pricey for me as it takes more labor to string up and the successions aren't worth it.

Michaele
Growing Things
Carnation Wa

Hook Family wrote:

We grow Provider, Jade and Harcort Verts (real skinny). I don't like a
green bean thats at all near being too large, overripe. I like the Harcort
Verts because they are naturally thin (granted they overripen as well). But
last year I really paid attention to taste and I discovered the Jades are
very tastey. I also noted they are a bit longer and thinner than provider.
All of them grow and yield well. Beth