market-farming - [Market-farming] meat labels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Caryl Elzinga" <alderspring AT salmoninternet.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] meat labels
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 21:49:48 -0700

Rick H wrote:
You don't need to preach to me about involvement with farm organizations.
With the proposed meat labeling laws I spent half of last week on the phone
with grassroots groups calling from DC to Chicago.

********
this makes me nervous. We just spent a fair amount of time and $$ getting
our label approved. Will we have to redo this process again soon. Also,
are we unwise to order several thousand labels (about 1.5 years
worth)...will they soon be illegal due to changes??