market-farming - [Market-farming] question for Rick Hopkins on labels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Caryl Elzinga" <alderspring AT salmoninternet.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] question for Rick Hopkins on labels
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 21:42:33 -0700

We've been working on getting a label approved by the USDA. We've been
working through a submission company that originally quoted us $20.75 for
the submission, but just notified us they were charging us $165 for their
service because our submission was so "complex" (grass-fed, no hormones, no
antibiotics). Are you going directly to the USDA? Who is the contact? How
long does it take? What are the changes coming done the line?

Caryl Elzinga