market-farming - [Market-farming] Ok, potting soil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Pete, Judi & Shania" <corbettj AT computer-products.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Ok, potting soil
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:10:13 -0500

I create and market my own organic potting soil.

I raise composting worms so I mix about 1 part castings to 1 part rabbit manure (raise them as well) to one part organic top soil to 2 parts organic peatmoss to 1/2 part organic vermiculite. Roughly. The worm castings helps prevent a lot of problems such as damp off etc... It also helps to keep plants from getting to dry or to moist as well as slowly releasing the natural nutrients into the plant as they are needed. I use it and sell it as a live soil mix as it is actually more effective with the live worm goodies.

I also sell straight worm castings and straight rabbit manure.

Judi Corbett
http://gtigaan.tripod.com - Rabbits, Vermiculture, Herbs, and more
http://drcba.tripod.com/drcba.html - Canadian rabbit and cavy club

  • [Market-farming] Ok, potting soil, Pete, Judi & Shania, 02/06/2003