market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Winter greenhouse woes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: OakCamp2 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Winter greenhouse woes
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 09:50:07 EST

Hi Adriana,

Greenhouses need to be vented of all that humidity or you will have other problems, too, such as mold and fungal growth.
During the day, try to keep a door open just enough to let the moisture level drop.
If it's 89 degrees in there, you can definitely leave a door open until it's 60 degrees.  The best time to vent is while you're watering crops since you're creating all that additional moisture in the process.  Don't close the doors until the water on the floor and benches is dried up.

As soon as I see moisture dripping down the walls of my greenhouse, I crack open a door.

Sorry about the gray background, I can't get it to change back to plain white!

Barb Birkinbine
Oak Camp Herb Farm
Lodi, WI