market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Row Cover ??

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Row Cover ??
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:10:03 -0500

I will caution all of you to invest in #9 gauge fence wire and make you
own row cover hoops. I have been messing with row covers on our farm for
about 10 years and have found plants do MUCH better with hoops than
without.

I have also found row covers will not keep bunnies out. Get a couple of
barn cats and a dog for critter control. For the past 3 years we have
had the bunnies get under the row covers and eat the entire early crop
of cantaloupes.

Check out my rowcover page at
http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/boulderbeltcsa/rowcover.html for quite a
bit of info on how to use them and where to get them.