market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farm Hours

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farm Hours
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:55:23 -0500

We have a CSA.

Each year I make my farm pick up window smaller and smaller. I used to have a discount if they picked up at the farm (instead of one of our city sites) but no longer. It is just as much work to deal with customers that visit the farm as ones who pick up from one of our sites in the city. This isn't saying we don't like our shareholders who come out to the farm and want to visit with us. It just means, visiting is time, and time is time to do something else.