market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Prices

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: OakCamp2 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Prices
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 20:41:16 EST

In a message dated 1/9/2003 7:26:01 PM Central Standard Time, OakCamp2 AT aol.com writes:

Love the discussion with this topic!

At least I did until I read the last few posts!!  lol
Lighten up - we all recognize the differences in the economy across various regions of the country.  Potted plants tend to sell a bit cheaper in the FL, CA, and TX regions because of the longer growing season and numerous large growers in these areas.  Things are a bit higher in the NE section of the country and kinda in the middle range for the central part of the country.  If Ford starts laying people off in MI, then the economy there sags and prices will follow.  Kinda hard to fix a price, but it's always interesting to see who's getting what and where. :-)

Barb Birkinbine
Oak Camp Herb Farm
Lodi, WI