market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Re: Grocery stores offering local produce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Re: Grocery stores offering local produce
  • Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 21:04:22 -0500

Shore to Store is a program developed by the dept's of Ag of Delaware,
Maryland and VA, together with potato growers of DE and VA, to get local
supermarket chains to promote the sale of local grown fruits and vegetables.
Annual awards are given to store produce managers who actively promote local
produce, they compete against other store managers in designing displays and
signage. 100 stores are in the program and local farm produce sales have
rised to $2 million dollars annually since the program began, a $500000
increase in the last year...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

http://webmail.netscape.com/