market-farming - [Market-farming] Value added products

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Centfarmaug AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Value added products
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 19:29:54 EST

Contact your county health department, if you have one, or the state before you plan a kitchen.  They can be very helpful by telling you what you have to do to meet their requirements.  We are under county inspection and they check us one or two times a year.  They required washable floors and walls, a three compartment sink, a separate hand washing sink, water testing, and a restroom close by.  Concrete floors passed, although they like to see them painted, and we were able to use an existing restroom in our market.

Don't forget PRODUCT liability insurance!   Your farm owners policy will not cover you.

Bob in Missouri

  • [Market-farming] Value added products, Centfarmaug, 12/09/2002