market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: POOR GERMINATION

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: POOR GERMINATION
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 13:43:09 -0500

I'm curious about the chemical smell you refer to resulting from irradiation.
Radiation does not have an odor. Radiation would not have necessarily damaged
the mail contents or its packaging. Some foodstuffs, including spices, are
irradiated to kill living organisms. The last time I tasted dried basil it
tasted just like dried basil.

Den

there were extensive congressional hearings on this. Ask your congressperson. And yes, the irradiation levels necessary to kill anthrax spoors (which it didn't) did damage the contents as well as the paper.

And as for irradiation of food, check my wife's webpage at www.citizen.org (go to critical mass).