market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: POOR GERMINATION

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Schuste4 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: POOR GERMINATION
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:36:51 EST

I'm curious about the chemical smell you refer to resulting from irradiation.
Radiation does not have an odor. Radiation would not have necessarily damaged
the mail contents or its packaging. Some foodstuffs, including spices, are
irradiated to kill living organisms. The last time I tasted dried basil it
tasted just like dried basil.

Dennis Schuster

In a message dated 12/5/02 6:31:30 PM Pacific Standard Time, lh AT pressroom.com