market-farming - [Market-farming] Tomato catalog

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Nan Johnson" <nan AT olemiss.edu>
  • To: "marketfarming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Tomato catalog
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 17:19:06 -0800

I have ordered from Tomato Growers Supply (since I like how their catalog is laid out) for 3 years and always been pleased.

    Last year, I had almost zero germination on a number of different varieties in different trays (since I have to germinate for a living at the university, I did assume it was the seeds and NOT me....though of course, always human error) I used same potting mix as year before - from same bag so didn't think it was the mix, plus other varieties did as expected.

Anyway, I phoned and told them my sad story and they IMMEDIATELY replaced all the varieties with no argument.  The next batch of same varieties germinated just fine, so who knows.  But the point is they handled my complaint very well.
...for what it is worth (please note that quantities were not large, so don't know how they would handle larger replacements)

I have grown about 35 varieties from them and found their descriptions pretty accurate too!  Oh dear, my mouth is already watering thinking about the tomatoes!

nan
dancing goats farm
n.mississippi, zone 7