market-farming - RE: delivery program

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu ("Market Farming")
  • Subject: RE: delivery program
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:52:24 -0500

Folks I had a delivery route for 12 years. 1980-1986 the route was 165 miles
a day six days a week. 1987-1991 it was 280 miles a day three days a week.
That included hand picking 40 acres of vegies by myself. Looking back I would
say it was not worth it, not if you add up the cost of two vehicles, "you
always need a backup truck". then the cost of fuel and service not to mention
the many hours spent sitting in traffic etc.
Delivery would work if you are large enough to be able to hire a full time
driver, but that brings on alot of new headaches you don't need, I have many
florist customers who live and die by deliveries and its nothing but
heartache for them...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

 I say for now it sounds like your delivery program has real

http://webmail.netscape.com/