market-farming - Re: Dried corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rainbow's End Farms & Orchards" <rainbowsend AT swva.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Dried corn
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:16:31 -0800

Most farms used to have corn huskers that were
hand cranked and made of cast iron. Lehman's
probably still has them. As regards the sweet
potato curing problem, with the rains in Va over
the past many weeks it wouldn't surprise me that
they are molding rather than curing due to the
high humidity...especially if harvested after a
period of much rain.
Rainbows End Farms and Orchards
880 Central Academy Road
Stuart, Virginia 24171