market-farming - Re: Terrific Farm Dog

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Terrific Farm Dog
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:13:24 -0800 (PST)

Just can't pass up an excuse to praise my dog. She's a neutered female
Springer/Cocker Mixed Spaniel. She's about 30 lbs. and plenty big enough
to spring through the fields and snow. Females in general seem to be more
protective of the home area and stay closer without running. She is always
within eyesight of me. Her favorite pastimes are digging gophers, chasing
deer and squirrels. Before I got her the deer were eating 80% of the
garden, with her it's about 2%. She's an all time favorite at Market and
has a whole contingent of kid buddies that come to visit her. All the
other vendors joke that she is the Market baby-sitter. I even have photos
of her with my CSA baskets on our brochure. I've had Springers for years
and always found them hearty, workers, devoted, bright and easy to train.
They are bird-dogs though, and a chicken operation would be too much of a
temptation............

  • Re: Terrific Farm Dog, sora, 11/14/2002