market-farming - Re: dogs and CSA

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elaine Granata" <ecgranat AT ouray.cudenver.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: dogs and CSA
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 20:22:47 -0700

Phil: I've always understood that CSAs are designed to "spread the risk" of
farming with the shareholders, so in my shareholder agreement I have a
statement to that effect -- that they understand that the harvest may vary
due to hail, drought, etc. This was my first year, so I don't know what I'd
do if I had VERY little to deliver each week.

I, too, am curious -- has anyone returned money? Had shareholders ask for
money back? Been so trashed by hail, etc that there was almost nothing to
deliver?

Elaine Granata
Denver