market-farming - Re: Beef pricing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Beef pricing
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:33:30 -0500

It appears that meat may be much lower in price in our part of the country.

Here are the prices of the individual cuts that we sell. These prices are
not too far from the premium prices at the foodstores throughout our area.

Porterhouse Steak 7.39
T-Bone Steak 7.29
Rib Steak 5.99
Sirloin Steak 4.69
Sirloin Tip Roast 3.79
Rolled Rump Roast 3.39
Round Roast 3.19
Chuck Roast 2.49
Arm Roast 2.29

The packages are of course listed on our website as well as the ground beef.
One of these days I will have to outline the numbers that we have determined
from our type of Jersey steer operation compared to some numbers that would
be quite different for a cow/calf type. Big difference.

Sincerely,

Rick Williams
Misty Ridge Farm
Dairy heifers and dairy beef graziers
Viroqua, WI

www.mistyridgefarm.com

  • Re: Beef pricing, Marcie Rosenzweig, 10/21/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Beef pricing, Rick Williams, 10/21/2002