market-farming - Re: NY Times: Small Organic Farmers Pull Up Stakes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: NY Times: Small Organic Farmers Pull Up Stakes
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:37:49 EDT

In a message dated 10/16/02 6:38:18 AM Central Daylight Time, mckemie AT austinfarm.org writes:

.  Your market management MUST be equipped and prepared to
deal with the dishonesty of that small fraction of the sellers.  Else,
they will degrade and lead to the decline of your market.

I was really nice about it I told him to take his sign down because no one was going to believe him anyway, about 20 min later he pulled out of our market and went down to a street corner, that's where he should have been anyway.  I have no tolerance for resellers, they do not belong in a farmers market.

Phil