market-farming - Re: new terminology, was tone and substance/NY Times

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "GlobalCirclenet" <webmaster AT globalcircle.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: new terminology, was tone and substance/NY Times
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:07:25 -0600

I'm a big proponent of open source programming and code. Instead of
creating MORE problems and controlling things, a free open market approach
might be the way to go. In other words, if people want to use it, let them
use it. If they want to print it out and use it, fine with me. I understand
that can lead to problems, but looking at the Linux and open source model
I'm a big believer in the abilty of people to make a wise choice. Instead
of being competition it's more like a comprehensive description. I have
faith in people making up their own minds and determinations.
It's just like Earth day and organic. If there's money to be made in it,
and it becomes a stylish fad, someone with money and power will want to
corrupt it for their own monetary gain. Freely given and used is much
harder to "control" That's why the linux model works so well.

Barb
paul & barb - on the continental divide
http://globalcircle.net