market-farming - smorgasbord

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: smorgasbord
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 21:12:02 -0400

> Liz would know what the subscription and unsubscription numbers
> are and if this is becoming a problem. It is certainly something worth
> watching.

So far not a problem (& I am watching it closely), though a couple of
lurkers who've never posted have decided to stay in cyberspace a while
longer for fear of being interrogated to death which saddens me.

Before posting, or responding to a post that's gotten you hot under the
collar, ask yourself if what you're about to say is in any way, shape or
form directly related to "appropriate scale production methods and
equipment, marketing and profitability, cropping sequences,
diversification...sustainability, both of the land and of the farm
family....working with extension agents, private consultants, and fellow
farmers....all those things involved in making a living, and providing food
and fiber from your small acreage farm." (Taken directly from the List
Faqs.) http://www.marketfarming.net/mflistfaq.htm If it's not, then don't
post.

Please, folks, if you're upset at the discussions or numbers of posts,
ignore them and throw in a new topic!! I'm racking my brain here, but all I
can offer is how the hell do you keep a tractor from tipping on these darn
hills???!!!!! My coastal flat feet just ain't used to this!! ; )) (and
oh--somehow, someway I'm gonna revive the pet rock industry with these darn
"boulders")

Liz Pike
Laughing Brook Farm
Westfield NC