market-farming - Re: Criticisms of the Farm Bureau - The Farm Bureau Colossus

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "GlobalCirclenet" <webmaster AT globalcircle.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Criticisms of the Farm Bureau - The Farm Bureau Colossus
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 11:40:10 -0600

There's another smoking gun to back up my point. Propagandists often claim
an organization is a "big tent" just to defend their inclusion in it, but
then tell people of a different opinion they don't belong in it. And
propaganda works only so long as inconvenient facts are swept under the
rug. In fact, FB at the national level is no way the voice of agriculture
at the level of local market farmers, many of whom are working on viable,
sustainable ways of farming and living on the land. They can't support
opposite approaches to farming, support pesticide/herbicide profits on one
hand and also support Integrated Pest Management and chemical-free growing
on the other. So they follow the money and support big fossil fuel
industrial agriculture, and leave the rest of us out in the cold. If they
are truly "big tent", and reflect all levels of opinion then they shouldn't
even try to take sides in such issues. Much less take sides on issues
totally unrelated to farming like unwed mothers.

paul & barb on the Continental Divide
http://globalcircle.net